[TN-Bird] Re: Snow Bunting Penisula

  • From: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mike Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:56:45 -0500

I also dropped by SNBU Peninsula this afternoon, and though I did re-find two
Leasts and one White-rumped (Davidson Co. bird for me!), there were no Sterna
terns present. A half dozen Caspians were still hanging out with the
ring-billeds, and a handful of Spotted sandpipers were doing their thing along
the riprap shoreline.
I did run into my old friend Jimmy Hurt (not on this list-serve) and he said he
had an adult BLACK TERN in alternate plumage.
Good birding, and thanks to all for the reports!
Ed SchneiderDavidson Co.

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:50:04 -0700
From: birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Bird] Re: Snow Bunting Penisula
To: csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx; theprojectroom@xxxxxxxx
CC: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jerry,
Like Chris, would love to see additional photos of your terns. I also get a
first impression of Commons from this one photo, but it is hard to be certain
about several features.

Nice morning!
Mike ToddMcKenzie, TNwww.pbase.com/mctodd