[TN-Bird] Re: Snow Bunting Penisula

  • From: Chris Sloan <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MrWaterfalljunkie ." <theprojectroom@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:30:59 -0400

The sandpiper is a White-rumped Sandpiper, presumably the same one reported
by others this morning.

If you have some more pics of the terns, please post them or forward them.
 They may be Commons based on the apparent wing length relative to the
tail, the bill size and color, the limited white above the bill gape, and
the (possibly) uniform color of the mantle and primaries.  The light makes
it tricky and almost all of those things could be an artifact of the photo
angle and the light, so more pics might allow for more certainty.

Chris Sloan
Nashville, TN
http://www.chrissloanphotography.com