[TN-Bird] Snow Bunting Peninsula and Bells Bend Sod Farms

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Stczipperer@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 11:50:25 -0400

August 31, 2014
Snow Bunting Peninsula, Old Hickory Lake Dam Area
Bells Bend Sod Farm Davidson County, TN
Traveling

Left Rutherford County this morning in a light rain and 71 degrees. Arrived
 at Snow Bunting Peninsula about 6:30 AM.  5 Willets in the turnaround area
 along with Killdeer and 2 Black-bellied Plovers. No Terns or Gulls
present.  At Dam area I had a Flock of Turkeys, Adult Bald Eagle and
Black-Crowned Night Herons.  Headed out to Bells Bend Park Sod Farms but  not
before
checking on the Willets and Plovers one more time, Fishermen had  arrived and
all were gone.

Bells Bend Sod Farm I had 7 Greater Yellowlegs and 2 spotted  Sandpipers.
Also a Cooper's Hawk chasing a Crow.  Beautiful  Bird.

Pictures of Willets and Black-bellied Plovers attached.

Good Birding
Stephen Zipperer
Rutherford Co., Tn

JPEG image