[TN-Bird] Snipes!!! NW Bradley County

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:54:17 -0500

TN-birders,

Dollyann and I made a run to Northwest Bradley County yesterday in the rain to
do some county birding (for our TN counties list – we know, it’s crazy but it
beats sitting on the couch!). At Mouse Creek, on old Lower River Rd. NW, we
found 74 Wilson’s Snipe and 18 Least Sandpipers enjoying the exposed mudflats.
This was the largest number of Wilson’s Snipe we have ever seen, anywhere.

We then went over to Candies Creek and eventually found a lone American White
Pelican.

Great birding,
Ron Hoff & Dollyann Myers
Clinton, TN