[TN-Bird] Sightings from Bear Run, Jonesborough, Washington County

  • From: jameswbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "TN-Bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:07:07 +0000

We've had at least one pair of Red-breasted Nuthatches at our feeders for over
a week.
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are also munching on the wild grapes and sunflower
seeds scattered on the ground.
On the creek last week was a Wilson's Warbler and a possible Orange-crowned
Warbler, but I couldn't pick up the yellow crissum.
Warbler migration this fall has been slim pickings, with only a handful of
species seen, including Ovenbird, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Tennessee Warbler,
Magnolia Warbler, American Redstart. No hummingbirds for at least three weeks.
James Brooks