[TN-Bird] Shorebirding in Memphis

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:24:20 EDT

July 3, 2003
My thanks to Thurston Lee for mentioning my article in The Tennessee
Conservationist magazine but, when I finally got to see a copy my eye
immediately
settled on an ID mistake. I can only blame it on "haste makes waste" by me or
if
not that, at least my age ;o0.

When I was hurriedly pulling slides for them to go through for the article, I
had a pile of Pectoral Sandpiper shots and had picked out a nice juvenile
plumaged bird but when I put them into the sleeves, I inserted and mislabeled a
shot of an adult Pectoral. Still a nice shot of a Pectoral but not the right
title. My sincere apologies to the readers and the magazine for that or any
other yet to be detected screw up by me.

The magazine staff certainly did take the text and photos I submitted and
combined them into a pleasing mix that others will hopefully enjoy. I
appreciate
their asking me to write about a place and the birds I love so much, the
wonderful "Wind Birds" of Ensley Bottoms.

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL' COOT / TLBA
Bartlett Tenn.