[TN-Bird] Shelby Park migrants, Davidson County

  • From: Terry Witt <terrywitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Birds Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 17:58:45 +0000 (UTC)

I decided to try and relocate the Connecticut and Mourning Warblers this
morning, arriving about 9 AM.Not sure if I misunderstood the directions, but
the proper spot is on the Wilderness Crossing Trail, just west of the junction
with the main paved trail.  When I found that spot, the Mourning was singing
continually, but one burst of tape quieted the bird and I never heard it again.
 I tried some Connecticut song, and got one brief reply, I never saw either
bird.  On the walk out along the trail, just west of the warblers along the
river, a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher was singing - it was also unresponsive to
the tape, and not seen.
Cheers
Terry WittMurfreesboro Tn