[TN-Bird] Shelby Park - Nashville

  • From: "Jim Arnett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jimboa68@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tn-bird Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 11:58:50 -0600

Spent a couple of hours in Shelby Park and Bottoms this morning.  I first tried
the grove of coniferous trees where Michael Smith found Siskins and the
Red-breasted Nuthatch, but it was pretty slow there.  I finally found a couple
of Pine Siskins (life bird) in an active area just off the paved path on the
edge of the big field in front of the observation deck.  There were several
Eastern Bluebirds, American Goldfinches, and the more common sparrows all
flying around the same area.  While I was standing there, a bird flew in that I
initially thought was a Yellow-rumped Warbler.  But I quickly got a look at its
bright yellow undertail, and the tail was wagging, so I feel confident it was a
late Palm Warbler.

Full list here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S20457970

Jim Arnett
Davidson County, TN