[TN-Bird] Shelby Botoms Sedge Wrens

  • From: TigerWrblr@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:11:05 EDT

Oct. 11, 2005
Shelby Bottoms and Park
East Nashville, Davidson Co.

Frank Fekel and I birded Shelby Park and Bottoms this
morning and saw the following:

In phase 1 of Shelby Bottoms, 8 Sedge Wrens were found around
the observation tower. At least 4 were right on the edge of  the
field, and provided close views along the paved trail. We also
saw a Cooper's Hawk chasing a Snipe, unsuccessfully.

In Shelby Park, a flock of 20-25 Warblers was seen on Windmill
Hill. Most were Tennessee Warblers, with a few Magnolia, 1 Black
and White, 1 Parula, and one Yellow-throated Warbler. Also seen were
5 Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, 1 Summer Tanager, 1 Swainson's  Thrush,
and 2 Golden-crowned Kinglets.

Phillip Csteel
Madison, TN