[TN-Bird] Sharp's Ridge

  • From: queen mab <queenmab001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:20:41 -0700 (PDT)

05-16-13
Sharp's Ridge
Knoxville, TN
Sunny to partly cloudy

I drove to Sharp's Ridge and bumped into another birder, Eric...sorry, I am
lousy at last names. But, thank you for helping me with birding. I photographed
m&f scarlet tanagers, bay-breasted warbler, chestnut-sided warbler,
red-breasted nuthatch, and red-eyed vireo. I photo-captured several birds I am
having trouble IDing and sending pics. They are a bit blurry. Eric stated we
also heard an oven bird.

Fairfield Glades
Crossville, TN

While at my mother's house on the lake, I spotted song sparrows, plenty of gold
finches and two spotted sandpipers.

Windrow Road
Rockvale, TN

The Great Herons are still at the rain-soaked cow pasture

Update: My sister left yesterday for Crossville. I received a phone call an
hour after she left. She said she pulled over on 840 because there was a deer
carcass with multiple black vultures devouring it. She got out of her car and
photographed the scene. That made her day. Well, if I have said it once, I will
say it again. If either my sister or myself mysteriously perish via vehicle,
just automatically write down the cause as "birding."

Marnie Mitchell
Rutherford County