[TN-Bird] Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, Rutherford Co.

  • From: Scott Somershoe <Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 22:26:16 +0000

Out and about again today.  Highlights from Rutherford Co.:

Lytle Creek Rd at Wilson Overall, usual place for scissor-tailed flycatchers.
Had one bird this morning.

Other birds around the county - Grasshopper Sparrow, bunches of Prairie
Warblers and White-eyed Vireos, and a couple purple finches.

Only one shrike.  Only one I found was at a known location off Lytle Creek.
Lots of seemingly good places for them, but couldn't find any others.  I also
saw no shrikes at the usual places in Eagleville today.

Cheers,
Scott Somershoe

State Ornithologist
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency