[TN-Bird] Scissor-tailed Flycatcher - Hamilton Co. 4/29/14

  • From: David Hollie <featherbrain1223@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TNBird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 14:54:41 -0400

This afternoon around 12:15 I found a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher at Camp
Jordan Park in Chattanooga. It was perched on a couple of dead branches in
the top of a tree for couple of minutes, then it flew down into the live
part of the tree and disappeared. I tried to relocate for about 15 minutes
with no luck, I wanted to spend more time there but unfortunately its
college finals week for me and this was supposed to be a "quick" birding
stop to "relieve the pressure." Several other Chattanooga area birders have
looked and as far as I know it has not been relocated yet, but it is a huge
area to cover.
A link to the photo is below along with a link to the eBird checklist.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/14043809576/

Good Birding!
--
David Hollie