[TN-Bird] Re: Scissor Tailed Flycatcher

  • From: Lyda Phillips <lydap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx" <kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 18:58:02 -0400

I did it the old-fashioned way today: followed the exact directions on the TN
Watchable Wildlife website and found the scissor-tail flycatchers, a pair, just
off Lytle Creek Road, the first right. Then on Crook Rd. saw another, just one,
along with the Blue Grosbeak and Loggerhead Shrike. Thank you whoever created
that page! It was like magic.
Also went to Murfrees Spring for the first time. It was FREE DAY!! at the
Discovery Center. You can imagine. But did see the wood ducks with their babies.
And at Stones River Battlefield about all I experienced were enthusiastic
mosquitoes.
Great day for me nonetheless, scoping out the great birding spots in Middle
Tennessee.

Lyda Phillips
(615) 942-8444
(301) 518-7538 (cell)
www.lydaphillips.com
writerworking.blogspot.com/

From: kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 17:22:57 -0500
Subject: [TN-Bird] Scissor Tailed Flycatcher

...currently sitting on wire across from Publix in New Salem Hwy (Hwy 99) near
the intersection of St. Andrews in Murfreesboro.  520p

Kristy Baker
Rockvale
Rutherford Cty

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless