[TN-Bird] Say's Pheobe not found today

  • From: birdchaserrws <birdchaserrws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:24:11 -0600

Chester County, TN 11/25/15

 I met Ruth Carr this morning at the location where she photographed a Says
Pheobe earlier this week, and we were unable to relocate the bird.
  We also checked some adjacent areas, including a private hunting ranch, and a
cattle farm down the road.
  I didn't find any places in the area that I thought looked very good for a
wintering Say's Pheobe, so I suspect the bird may have moved on.
 Not to discourage anyone that still wants to look, just figured I'd give a
headsup for those interested.
 The area isn't a bad birding destination, I had 51 species, including a
Merlin, Vesper Sparrow, and flock of Pine Siskins.
  Thanks to Ruth for reporting a great bird!
 Ruben Stoll, Centerville, TN.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone