[TN-Bird] Saturday field trip to Kyker Bottoms and Toqua area on Tellico Lake.

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:24:29 -0500

TN-birders,

Dollyann and I are leading a field trip to Kyker Bottoms in Blount Co. and the
nearby Toqua area on Tellico Lake this coming Saturday. It was pointed out to
me that there was no meeting time in the newsletter announcement. We will meet
at the Stokely Building at 8 am. This building is on the Northeast corner of
Cedar Bluff and I-40, just north of the interstate junction. It’s a 2-3 story
building and we will park to carpool on the Cedar Bluff side of the parking lot
there. If you choose, you can alternately meet us at Kyker Bottoms around 8:45.
We’ll start at the observation tower first.

Bring a snack and something for thirst if desired, but there are places for
snacks and bathrooms during the shift from Kyker to Toqua. Hopefully we’ll
return around 1 pm. If you need more information, I can be reached by email or
865-435-4547.

Great birding,

Ron Hoff
Clinton, TN