[TN-Bird] Saturday at Radnor Lake, Nashville, TN

  • From: "fekel" <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:02:26 -0500

Radnor Lake State Natural Area
Davidson Co.
Nashville, TN
Saturday 2009 Aug. 29
7:30-9:10am

It was an extremely muggy walk around Radnor Lake this
Saturday morning.  Birds were a bit limited unless
you were counting WOOD DUCKs, which were in extreme
abundance.  However, it was nice to see several warblers.
I managed to spot single MAGNOLIA, CHESTNUT-SIDED, and
CANADA WARBLERs.  RED-EYED and WHITE-EYED VIREOs were
in evidence as was a single YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO that
sang and then flew by me as I approached the west parking
lot before leaving.

Frank Fekel
Nashville, TN