[TN-Bird] Sapsucker, other migrants Radnor Lake, Davidson Co.

  • From: Jan Shaw <jankshaw1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-BIRD <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 10:44:32 -0500

10/1-2/2015
Davidson Co.

Yesterday I took my parents on a birding drive west and south of Nashville
and we spotted our FOS Yellow-bellied Sapsucker on Pasquo Rd. This morning
at Radnor Lake I had another sapsucker, plus continuous migrant activity
for two hours in front of the ranger house by the spillway. Eleven warbler
species were seen there, including a male and female Golden-wing that were
in close view off and on for an hour! Plus nice male Rose-breasted
Grosbeaks along with several females. The Yellow-rumped Warblers have
really moved in since Tuesday.

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN