[TN-Bird] Sapsucker appears

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:13:20 EDT

Hello,

While watching the outdoors as I ate lunch today at my home in the Charlotte
Park area of West Nashville, Davidson County, a few blocks east of the
Cumberland River, a gorgeous male sapsucker flew in low on the trunk of a
hackberry
and proceeded to work its way up.  I do not know if he is "My" bird from last
year that created a veritable bed and breakfast out of my holly or not, but I
will begin checking that holly very often to see if it is "My" bird or if this
one finds all the "sap holes."

What a joy to see the little beauty after missing him for quite a while.

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN