[TN-Bird] Sandhill cranes over Charlotte Park--West Nashville!!

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 17:06:09 EST

Hi Birders,

New yard bird!

Nine sandhill cranes just flew right over my deck (2:55 p.m. CST) in the
Charlotte Park area of West Nashville heading southeast toward the WSMV tower
and
possibly on toward Williamson County.  Of course, they COULD sort of double
back and go over to Bell's Bend just about a half-mile or less across the
river.
 They seemed to be sort of gearing down, getting a little out of "formation"
and looking for a landing place.  I had to rush back inside as I was mighty
scantily dressed for the COLD deck.  Actually, ithey aren't the first I've seen
from my deck.  Several years ago, I saw a couple flying down the Cumberland
River a few blocks away while I was standing on my deck.  I don't have that
date
anymore as the HAZMAT crew threw away the list I had posted on the fridge
when they "sterilized" my home after my illness a couple of years ago.

Juncos and white-throated sparrows are feeding.....getting ready for snow (?)
tonight>  One of the white-throats has also been coming right up to the
dining room door and singing his lovely song to me.  Thanking me for the
food??????

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN

                       MAP RESOURCES