[TN-Bird] Sandhill Cranes over Bellevue

  • From: "fekel" <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:59:49 -0600

Bellevue, Davidson Co., TN
2015 Feb. 28
2:38 pm

This Saturday afternoon I opened the front door and walked
outside to check my feeders. Suddenly I heard the call of
SANDHILL CRANEs several times. It took me a perhaps 15-20
seconds to orient myself to the sound. But I soon found a
faint V formation flock of 29 already flying away from me
toward the northwest. Very nice to have a new yard bird.

Frank Fekel
Bellevue, TN
TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological Society Neither the society(TOS) nor its moderator(s)

                       Clemson, SC