[TN-Bird] Re: SNBU Peninsula: Least Tern (Davidson Co)

  • From: Michael Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ifihadastick@xxxxxxxxxxx" <ifihadastick@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 19:51:33 -0700 (PDT)

Joshua,

This sounds like a pretty straight up Least to me as well. Normally the fine
black tip of the bill is visible at fairly close  range, but it's not near as
noticeable as a Forster's for example, so not an issue. The black wedge of the
outer primaries is usually pretty noticeable as well, but with what you saw
seems like everything is ruled out anyway.

Nice bird for the area!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx