[TN-Bird] Rutherford Co. birding

  • From: Stczipperer@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:45:59 -0500 (EST)

2/24/14
Rutherford Co. TN
Traveling

Field Trial Area J. Percy Priest Lake, Smyrna, TN

Ross's Goose still present feeding with 70+ Canada's, and some Mallards in
central field.  20 Wild Turkeys wondered out of the woods and started
feeding with the group also. Big central pond had 50 -60 Mallards, 4 N.
Shoveler's, and one Ring-necked Duck.  Lake cove out from the Central pond  had
Horned Grebes and 6 Red-breasted Mergansers. Also so a female Cooper's Hawk
and a Red-tail hawk.

Discovery Center Wetlands

3 Wood Ducks
4 Rusty Blackbirds
best birds.

Eagleville was a bust except for a American Kestrels.  Probably got  there
to late.  Saw a beautiful adult Red-shouldered hawk on the way from  Bedford
Co to Eagleville.  Gorgeous!!!

Shelbyville Airport, Bedford Co.

Loggerhead Shrike, Red-tailed Hawk, several Am. Kestrels, and  Killdeer.
hoped to see Horned Lark for Bedford list thought I heard one  once but could
not find and did not here again(way it goes).

Good morning of birding. Cherry picked a few birds I needed for the  year.

Good birding

Stephen Zipperer
Rutherford Co, TN