[TN-Bird] Rutherford Co. 3/13/14

  • From: Stczipperer@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 18:50:07 -0400 (EDT)

3/13/14
Rutherford Co., TN

Swamp Rd.area, Eagleville, TN this morning.

6 Sandhill Cranes best birds.

Veterans Pkwy Wet area:

N. Shovelers and Ring-neck Ducks seen while driving by.  Other ducks
present. Could not stop and scope because of traffic and road  construction.

New yard bird at my home:

Walked outside about 4 PM to get my new Sibley Guide and flushed a small
Falcon which landed on a light pole two houses down.  Female Merlin.
Probably same bird I saw last week 2 blocks from my house.

Walter Hill Dam Cell Tower 5:10pm  HWY 231

Osprey back at Cell tower nesting site.  Have to keep a look out for  it's
mate.  This makes the third year I have observed Osprey here.

Good birding

Stephen Zipperer
Rutherford Co., TN