[TN-Bird] Rutherford Co.

  • From: Stczipperer@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:27:21 -0400 (EDT)

June 28, 2012
North Rutherford Co.

Took a ride in the cool morning after work this morning.  Indigo  Buntings
and Common Yellowthroats, field sparrows and a few song and chipping
sparrows  singing everywhere.  Beautiful male Summer Tanager on a  fence just
below eye level at about 8 feet pit tucking at me without a care in  the world.

We looked at each other in mutual curiosity.  Third Broad  wing hawk for
the county.  Nice fine.

While watering the tomatoes this evening and filling some shallow crockery
with water for the birds the yard was full of rabbits.  Near a brush pile
my wife keeps complaining about 3 small rabbits are hopping around.  Is it
just me or are rabbits having a good year.  That has to be at least the
third or fourth brood in my yard.  Also watched my squirrel(LOL) steal a  green
apple from one of my trees.  Usual birds in the yard.  Seems the  Cowbirds
and Blackbirds are flocking up again.  30 cowbirds on the wires  out front.
A lot of chimney swifts and purple martins(always nice),

Good birding
Stay cool

Stephen Zipperer
Rutherford county