[TN-Bird] Ruth McMillan Anecdotes Needed

  • From: "Roy Turrentine" <roymel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:08:04 -0500

As many of you are already aware, Ruth passed away. I am preparing an obit for
the migrant and know space is limited. I am pretty sure I have enough to fill
up that space, along with some others contibutions. However, this request still
needs attention...
I would like any stories or experiences you have had concerning Ruth McMillan.
I also would like permission to use these in a "Tribute Booklet" to Ruth for
her husband, Mac, and son, Roger. This idea popped into my mind while at the
funeral home as I realized I am not good at helping respond to those who made
memorial contibutions...I do enjoy writing & I am a collector of stories as I
sat & listened to those few around of "Ruth Stories."

I plan to include her church life, too...if you can help in any way, please
send me these. These would be told in your words, I promise, unless otherwise
requested.

Thank you for your time.
If you would, e-mail is preferred... but I will take these in any form
(handwritten, scribbled down; whatever)
Thanks.

Melissa Turrentine
roymel@xxxxxxxxx