[TN-Bird] Rusty Blackbirds, Kingsport

  • From: "Scott Somershoe" <Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 21:31:32 -0500

I spent the morning with Rack Cross exploring many of the locations along the
Kingsport Birding Trail (KBT), Sullivan Co.

At the East Stone Commons access area along the Greenbelt (one of the locations
on the KBT), we found 11 Rusty Blackbirds in a flooded woodland.  The birds
flew up and gave us some nice looks.  First of the fall for both of us.

I also had a western palm warbler along Reedy Creek at one end of the Greenbelt.

Kingsport Birding Trail

Good birding!
Scott Somershoe

State Ornithologist