[TN-Bird] Rusty Blackbird Blitz

  • From: Cynthia Anne Routledge <routledges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:27:23 -0600

Good Morning TN-BirdersŠ

The opening day of the 2015 Rusty Blackbird Blitz just weeks away.  Here in
Tennessee the entire month of MARCH is ³blitz² season.  Are you ready??

Reporting all Rusties throughout Tennessee is still very important, however
this year we are urging you to also REVISIT those locations where you found
large flocks of Rusties in 2014.
That information and data will help evaluate the consistency of habitat use
and migratory timing overall specifically here in Tennessee.  Remember that
extra data such as photos, videos and vocalization recordings are also
welcome.  We are also interested in where you DO NOT find Rusties.

Please review the following protocol for reporting Rusties:
http://rustyblackbird.org/wp-content/uploads/Spring-Migration-Blitz-Optional
-Protocol.pdf

Tennessee¹s Rusty Blackbird reporting was significantly UP last yearŠlet¹s
try to double those efforts this season!

If you have any questions don¹t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks!  And happy Rusty Blackbird spotting!

<")
  ( \
  / |`   Cyndi Routledge
          TN Rusty Blackbird Coordinator

Southeastern Avian Research
Specializing in Winter Hummingbird banding
1515 N. Willow Bend Court
Clarksville, TN  37043
931-206-3517