[TN-Bird] Rufous Hummingbird Day 20

  • From: eyesew@xxxxxxxxx (Virginia Curtis)
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:36:01 -0600

His built-in clock got him to the feeder at exactly 6:25 a.m. again this
morning and brought the usual smiles to our faces.  What a joy to see
him flash out of the darkness into the light from the heat bulb over the
feeder.  And he is smart too.  Yesterday I left the heat bulb on all day
since it was so cold and he quickly learned to go to the feeder port
which is more directly under the light.

A couple of birders from Lebanon came to see him yesterday and he gave
them a good show as they watched from the kitchen door only 10 feet
away.  Let us know if you'd like to come by  and we'll be sure to be
home so you can see him up close too.  Even after three weeks he is
still stunningly beautiful each time we view him.

Tommy & Virginia Curtis
Smithville, TN
DeKalb County