[TN-Bird] Rufous Hummingbird Day 18

  • From: eyesew@xxxxxxxxx (Virginia Curtis)
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:42:55 -0600

This bird is so punctual; he showed up again this morning at exactly
6:25 a.m. as he has been doing for at least a week.  He gets one drink,
flies back into his favorite bush, then quickly returns several times
for an additional sip or two.  After about 30 minutes he goes into his
3-4 times per hour schedule for the rest of the day.

Our apologies to the birders from Wilson County who came to see him
Sunday afternoon and we were not home.  Some of our friends saw you
sitting in your car across the road from our yard.  We hope you got to
see him.  Since no one had contacted us about coming in the afternoon,
we spent the day in church activities.  If you didn't see him, call or
email and come back again and watch from our kitchen door and get a good
look.

Tommy & Virginia Curtis
Smithville, TN
DeKalb County