[TN-Bird] Re: Ruff today Friday 2nd?........

  • From: michael sledjeski <mbsledjeski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jonniesuel@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 22:26:25 -0400

Jonnie.

I wasn't there today, but apparently no sighting was reported.  Thursday, we
went out in a canoe at 5 PM, found it, and pointed it out to 5 birders on the
shore, speaking directly to 2  NC birders who had been looking for 3 hours;
they then found it in their scope.   Unless ;you've got a  sharp scope, or a
canoe/kayak, and a good eye, you might not see it.     If it's not there,
you'll have to settle for 15 or so other shorebird species. a variety of other
waterbirds and an  exceptional wide-open wetland.

Some of the unusual gulls have moved farther along the lake. There's a
possibility that the ruff moved down the waterway to mudflats, past the RR
trestle, that are difficult to view from shore. We won't be able to get back to
the lake with canoe until Sunday evening.

Directions on the TWRA and TOS websites are good.

Have a great day,
Michael Sledjeski
Del Rio TN  -Home of the Del Rio Song Contest
                       http://www.delriosongcontest.com/