[TN-Bird] Ruby Throats

  • From: "Tim Riddle" <timrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tn Bird List" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 06:38:28 -0500

Is it the weather this year?
I am overrun with hummers this year. I added a second feeder a couple of weeks
ago and have been using 6-7 cups of solution a day. Just this morning all 12
feeding ports on the feeders were occupied by a hummingbird and several more
buzzing around. Looks like it'll be more like 8 cups today. A few weeks ago I
wasn't seeing many adult males but I seem to be seeing more of an equal mix
lately.
Tim Riddle
Overton County