[TN-Bird] Ross's Goose flyover - Murfreesboro

  • From: Chloe Walker <chloebelle119@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:28:43 -0800 (PST)

While doing (or should I say supposed to be doing?) school work in my room
today, I noticed a nice flock of Ring-billed Gulls flying in the distance.
There was one bird that I originally dismissed as another Ring-bill, but then I
realized it had a longer neck and seemed chunkier. Taking a second look, this
time with binocs, the bird turned out to be a Ross's Goose (alone, except for
following the gulls).  I would have never accepted it as a Ross's had it not
been with Ring-bills for a nice size comparison, and had I not payed attention
to its, only slight, grin patch and its neck length which was relatively short.

Still hoping for some Sandhill Cranes...

Chloe Walker
Murfreesboro, TN
( http://www.betterbirdhabitats.blogspot.com/