[TN-Bird] Ross's Goose - Anderson County

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 13:37:49 -0500

TN-birders,

Dollyann and I were on our way to Clinton this morning, via highway 61 in
Anderson County, just north over the ridge that Oak Ridge is named after. About
1/2 mile east of Pine Ridge Road, on the south side of the highway, there is a
small cattle pasture that floods easily if we get much rain. This field was
partially flooded and we noticed a small white goose along with about 30 Canada
Geese, feeding in some large puddles there. Sure enough it turned out to be a
Ross’s Goose. We checked again just before noon and it was still there.

To be exact: this is along highway 61, between Oliver Springs and where highway
61 runs into highway 95 (which is the Oak Ridge Turnpike). Look for Pine Ridge
Road, and then go 1/2 mile east. Look on the south side of the road (where the
creek is).

Great birding,

Ron Hoff & Dollyann Myers
Clinton, TN