[TN-Bird] Ross's Geese...again!

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 17:52:14 -0500

TN-birders,

I knew I was forgetting something! John and Theresa O’Barr told us last night
at the KTOS meeting that Theresa had found 6 Ross’s Geese on a pond on Emery
Road, west of Clinton Highway, in Knox Co. Dollyann and I went there this
afternoon on our way home and found 7 Ross’s Geese on a pond at 7316 Emery
Road. This is near the entrance to a riding academy (there is enough room for
one car to park at the gated entrance), and this is just east of a street
called Glastonbury Rd. Thanks John & Theresa!

The traffic on Emery is horrible, so it might be easier to park briefly on
Glastonbury and walk over to the pond. Glastonbury is on the north side of
Emery and the pond is on the south side, about 100 yards east.

Please be careful of traffic here!

Great birding,

Ron Hoff & Dollyann Myers
Clinton, TN