[TN-Bird] Ross Goose

  • From: Carol Fegarido <birdsandtrails@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:24:48 -0500

Thanks to David Chaffin several of us saw the Ross's Goose about noon today.

His directions were excellent.  However the geese were not at this lake from 11
to 11:30 a.m.  We then drove around the area for about a half hour or so until
we found them.

At noon today the Ross's Goose were with Canada geese on Bibsby Creek Road.  It
seemed to be following two Canada Geese.  There were at least 19 Canadas in the
area but two were moving rapidly with the Ross hurriedly following.

Directions to where I found it.

From I-75 follow Dave's directions on

Hwy 60 west
Villa (left) for .8 mile
Freewill (right) for 1.0 mile
Bigsby Creek Road (left) abt. .5 mile on left

Parking is impossible but opposite where we saw the goose we backed into a
driveway on the opposite side of the road so we could scope the geese.

I also had my first Barn Swallows and Cliff Swallows of the year outside
Cleveland this morning.

Thanks, Dave, for the state bird for all three of us.

Carol Fegarido
Betty Wampler
Alberta Oliver
Chattanooga