[TN-Bird] Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks, Indigo Bunting, migrant warblers

  • From: Scott Heppel <scott.heppel@xxxxxx>
  • To: TN-BIRD <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 16:45:24 -0500

The male Indigo Bunting returned to our feeders in East Memphis this morning
after 1 day's absence.  Three male Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are still at the
feeder regularly (since Tuesday) and have been joined by one female.  This
morning, for the first time this spring, I am hearing Chestnut-Sided Warblers
among the numerous warbler flocks.  All of yesterday's species were heard
and/or seen again except the Ovenbird. Our Cooper's Hawk is still sitting on
the nest.

Other migratory warblers still heard or seen in our neighborhood this morning:
Cerulean, Pine, Blue-winged, Tennessee, Nashville, Northern Parula,
Back-throated Green, and Yellow-rumped.

No sign yet of Mississippi Kites, we usually have 2 pairs nesting in the
neighborhood.

Scott Heppel
Memphis
Shelby County