[tn-bird] Richmond Hill, Knoxville

  • From: dtrently <dtrently@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:46:36 -0400

Tuesday morning I spent about half an hour at Richmond Hill in Knoxville.
(north of Middlebrook Pike, near where Middlebrook ends in the city) This
place doesn't come close to Sharps Ridge for numbers of birds, hsa more
highway noise, and it's not a public park, but it regularly produces some good
birds in migration, and it's easier for me to get to before work in the
morning.
Best bird for me was an ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER. In fact, there were at least 2
of these, and probably 4. These birds were singing and chasing each other.
Reason it was the best was that I finally got to see the orange in the crown!

Other notables:
Cape May Warbler (1)
Prairie Warbler (1)
Yellow-rumped Warblers