[TN-Bird] Results from NTOS Field Trip

  • From: "Chloe Walker" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "chloebelle119@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 14:25:55 +0000 (UTC)

6-20-15Beaman Park, Davidson County, TN
The NTOS's field trip to Beaman Park was a great success, despite the wet and
windy conditions. Upon arrival, we were treated to a chorus of juvenile
Carolina Wrens learning to sing. Worm-eating Warblers, an annual breeder here,
responded to pishing and cooperated nicely for the group. A couple of us had
fleeting looks at a Great Egret as it flew from the creek - quite a surprise.
Louisiana Waterthrushes were also present during our walk, though they were
heard only. Thank you to those who participated! Our checklist can be found
below.
24 species
Great Egret - 1Chimney Swift - 4Ruby-throated Hummingbird - 1Downy Woodpecker -
1Eastern Wood-Pewee - 2Acadian Flycatcher - 3Red-eyed Vireo - 2Blue Jay -
1Carolina Chickadee - 3Tufted Titmouse - 4White-breasted Nuthatch - 1Carolina
Wren - 4Blue-gray Gnatcatcher - 2Wood Thrush - 2Worm-eating Warbler -
4Louisiana Waterthrush - 4Kentucky Warbler - 1Northern Parula -
2Yellow-throated Warbler - 3Summer Tanager - 2Scarlet Tanager - 2Northern
Cardinal - 2Indigo Bunting - 1Brown-headed Cowbird - 1
***Get it on your calendars! The next NTOS field trip will be on Saturday, July
18th, at Bowie Nature Park in Fairview. Meeting time will be at 7:00 AM. More
information can be found here at the NTOS website.
Chloe WalkerMurfreesboro, TN