[TN-Bird] Re: Resubmitting photo d/t one birder's ID

  • From: "Mathis" <weer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <queenmab001@xxxxxxxxx>, <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 14:14:10 -0400

I forgot to say that I agree that the bird is a Northern Waterthrush.

Cecelia Mathis
Sparta, NC

From: weer@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: queenmab001@xxxxxxxxx; tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 14:01:04 -0400

Marnie,

I used the book The Stokes Field Guide to the Birds of North America. Plus, my
photo software allowed me to zoom in on your photo.

No question in my mind: This is NOT a Cape May Warbler which has NO white
stripe over its eye.

When I zoom in on your photo, I see the slight, pale yellow on the underside,
just like your bird. Of course, I see the whitish eye stripe.

Cecelia Mathis
Sparta, NC