[TN-Bird] Report on Wintering Hummingbirds in TN after polar front

  • From: viclcsw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:46:49 -0500 (EST)

Enclosed is a link to my recent blog post giving the latest information I have
on the Rufous hummingbirds that have been banded in east Tennessee by Mark
Armstrong, including one that was banded this past Sunday, following the
record-breaking cold.  The summary is interesting given that we often feel that
these birds can not survive such extreme weather conditions.

http://vickiehenderson.blogspot.com/2014/01/hardy-hummingbirds-survive-polar-vortex.html

Vickie Henderson
Knoxville, TN
Knox County