[tn-bird] Reeve Report - Memphis

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, albirds@xxxxxxxxxxx,ARBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 20:35:32 EDT

July 28, 2002
Ensley Bottoms
Shelby Co. TN

Her Highness was checked off again today and again she feeds now where she
pleases and has to be looked for through thousands of other shorebirds. When
you see her it is none of this "I think I saw her" you know it when you see
her. There is slight evidence of some basic feathers easing out in a few
places on this female Ruff and maybe she will allow us to view the complete
transition. She took a long afternoon nap and made herself hard to find
sleeping out in the middle of a flat. She was still sleeping when I left at
6:30 PM.

The immature, male Wilson's Phalarope showed back up again today and
performed for everyone and the basic plumaged Am. Golden-Plover still paces
the crud flats.
A total of 15 shorebird species seen today at the pits plus the Piping Plover
on the River. The numbers grow every day!

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL' COOT / TLBA
Bartlett Tenn.