[TN-Bird] Red-necked Phalarope / Britton Ford

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 13:57:32 EST

Nov. 1, 2003
Britton Ford
Henry Co. TN
I got a call from Ken Allan, a frequent visitor to TN from Florida. He and I
were going to meet up at Pace Point this afternoon after I birdied Ensley this
morning. He beat me to the punch and had just found a Red-necked Phalarope
out from the north parking area on the flats at Britton Ford. I stopped by the
house to get a fresh battery to photograph the bird and thought others might
want to try for this jewel. Nancy Moore and Mike Todd are on their way there
now.

This equals the latest date in TN for the species in Robinson's book. I
photographed a bird on Oct 2, 12 years ago on Pace Point and my latest date for
the
mid-south was in Ark and you guessed it, Nov-1 ;o)

Ensley Bottoms had Killdeer, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Least SP, Dunlin,
Stilt and Wilson's Snipe this AM.

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL'COOT / TLBA