[TN-Bird] Redheads, Veterans Blvd, Murfreesboro

  • From: Scott Somershoe <Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:55:35 +0000

Stephen Zipperer and I met up this morning at the old Kimbro Rd flooded fields
(now called Veterans Blvd) in Murfreesboro (Rutherford Co.) to look for the
redheads reported by Terry Witt yesterday.  True diving ducks are tough to find
in the county since there's little deep water!  We found 2 male redheads in the
shallow water in the corn field.  They ended up feeding like Mallards and the
other dabblers.

We had plenty of nice birds, including 54 Wilson's Snipe and a random Ross's
Goose that arrived at some point.  Ten species of waterfowl at this site is a
pretty good tally.

Cut from my eBird checklist:

Ross's Goose  1

Canada Goose  46