[TN-Bird] Red-headed Woodpeckers

  • From: "David Patterson" <dpatterson9328@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 15:05:33 -0400

Tuesday, September 23, 2014.  9-11 AM. Bauxite Ridge, Collegedale, Hamilton
County, TN

I estimate 20-40 Red-headed Woodpeckers along a half-mile trail on the ridge.
This is my first sighting of Red-heads along this trail, which I have walking
3-5 times per month for 10+ years.

The trail runs from a large (~150 ft. dia. by ~50 ft. high) water tank at the
end of Sun Kist Drive, to Apison, thru tall trees, mostly oak and hickory.  Sun
Kist drive is a short dead-end near Collegedale Academy and Middle School

David Patterson