[TN-Bird] Re: Red-breasted Nuthatch

  • From: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chris Sloan(Gmail)" <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>, tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 21:38:31 -0500

For those who don't know, I live literally a half mile from Chris, as the Sitta
flies. After a week in the Victoria, BC area, I returned today and had a
red-breasted nuthatch at our tube feeder (they have never come to my suet for
some reason, only the black oil sunflower seed).
As 10/27/12 was the first day of their arrival, ten days from now will mark
FIVE MONTHS of daily visits to our back deck feeder!
Ed SchneiderNashville, TN

From: csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:36:44 -0500
Subject: [TN-Bird] Red-breasted Nuthatch
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FINALLY got a Red-breasted Nuthatch at my feeder (near Radnor Lake in
Nashville).  I should have had them all winter.  Lots of siskins still around,
but I expect they'll be here through late April or early May.

Chris Sloan
Nashville, TN
http://www.chrissloanphotography.com