[TN-Bird] Red Crossbills/Campbell County, TN

  • From: Jimi Moore <jimimoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:48:36 -0500

I took a  brief drive through Cove Lake St. Pk. in Campbell County, TN
today
in the snow showers expecting to see lots of ducks. Though I was
disappointed that there  were only Mallards and a few Gadwall, a nice
surprise was  RED CROSSBILLS in the Pines at the first parking lot on the
left where they have been seen before. (I heard them but could not get a
count.. Sounded like only 2-3 maybe)

* Eagle Bend Fish Hatchery in Clinton, TN  ( Anderson County)  had 92
RING-NECKED DUCKS/  4 LESSER SCAUP and 1  CANVASBACK DUCK in the elevated
pond on the right.
An OSPREY was in the top of a large tree adjacent to the river eating a
fish. He looked cold....or maybe it was just me.
The banded Canada Goose present from last week is still hanging out there
with his buddys.

Nell Moore
jimimoore@xxxxxxxx
Caryville, TN