[TN-Bird] Raven mobbed by crows, Cades Cove, Blount County

  • From: birdglass44@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 17:15:14 -0400 (EDT)

After our field trip in Cades Cove I drove to Sparks and Hyatt Lanes and picked
up some additional species to the trip list.  The most noteworthy was a Common
raven being mobbed in flight and then while perched by 7 American crows.  A
large flock of mixed blackbirds including 75 female and immature Red-winged
blackbirds and 6 Common grackles all along Sparks Lane.  on Hyatt a single
female Northern harrier was observed in the field west of the road.

Warren Bielenberg
Maryville
-----
Subject: cades cove trip