[TN-Bird] Raptor and Passerine Migrants - Murfreesboro

  • From: "Chloe Walker" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "chloebelle119@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 18:56:16 -0500

The past few days have been very exciting in our yard (well, I guess any day
that we find migrant here is a good day).

On 9/21/14 we had:

Ovenbird - 1 (a new one for our yard)
Cliff Swallow - 1 (flyover; also a new one)
Broad-winged Hawk - 5 (South-bound)
American Kestrel - 1 (also South-bound)
...just to name a few.

9/22/14 seemed to be even better with...

30 South-bound Broad-wings
Another Kestrel
Wilson's Warbler - 1 (adult male)
2 Gray-cheeked and 2 Swainson's Thrushes, plus around 6 more unidentified
thrushes that wouldn't cooperate (they were worse than the warblers!!)
LOADS of TN and Magnolia Warblers
American Redstart - only 1
Common Yellowthroat - 1 female

And today (9/23/14) was good as well:

White-eyed Vireo - 1
Ovenbird - 1 (likely the same bird as previous)
American Redstart - 2
Continuing Gray-cheeked and Swainson's Thrushes
Osprey - 1 (South-bound; an absolute beauty!)
one Red-tailed Hawk (also heading South)
And, again, an overwhelming number of Tennessees and Magnolias
one first fall female Chesnut-sided Warbler

Good birding,

Chloe Walker
Murfreesboro, TN