[TN-Bird] Rankin Bottoms in Cocke County

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:57:09 -0400

Rankin Bottoms in Cocke County
August 12, 2005

This morning Shane and Dennis Adams went birdwatching at Rankin Bottoms in
Cocke County and we saw birds all over Rankin here are a lists of birds they
are : Large Flocks of Great Egrets on both sides of the dirt road and the other
side of the French Broad River also Large Flocks of Eastern Kingbirds catching
and eating insects in mid air and drinking water in dirt road  front of the
Coal Tipple Baltimore Oriole Female, Blue-Winged Teal Hen the same location, 2
Double Crested Comorants flying close to the water, 3 Great Blue Herons in the
same location and 1 Great Blue Heron at Dutch Bottoms next to the field that
has no trespassing sign around it where the Lighthouse Park is coming in, 2
Spotted Sandpipers at the same location where the Eastern Kingbirds, Young
Green Heron in the same area, Green-backed Heron also known as Green Heron  on
the left side of the road next to the railroad and last but not least an Osprey
was flying over us while we was get ready to leave and you can see an Osprey
Nest on the right side on top of the Steel part of the Bridge coming into White
Pine from Cocke County.

Shane Adams
East of Hamblen County
Morristown, TN.