[tn-bird] Re: Radnor Lake luck declines

  • From: Mikectodd@xxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:35:07 EDT

I would like to thank Frank and the rest of the "Radnor regulars" for showing
a few of us out-of-towners the birdy spots around Radnor. I had been planning
to make this trip for about a week and a half now, but couldn't work it out.
As usual, it seems I was a day late. Still a very nice (and chilly) day to be
out and about with some good birds. The singing Mourning Warbler was only my
3rd time in the field with this bird, still with only one sighting though.
Migration definitely seems to be winding down. I will definitely try my luck
at Radnor again next spring. On the way home I wandered around the hill
country along the TN River for a Worm-eating Warbler I needed for the year.
Even though it was midday I eventually heard that dry trill coming up to me
from a steep, dark hillside. Searching for Worm-eatings allowed me to enjoy
from close range (my car) the antics of a pair of Northern Fence Lizards.
Also on the way home I picked up Eurasian Collared-Doves in a new spot for me
in Carroll Co., Parkers Crossroads. I had 5 birds in view at once as they
chased each other back and forth across a yard right off of Hwy 22.

Good birding,

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
Carroll Co.